Altra Lone Peak 3.0 Neoshell Trail Running Shoe - Women's
Unpredictable weather and terrain beware; you won't beat the Polartec® NeoShell™ Lone Peak 3.0, this shoe is ready for anything! This is not a fully waterproof replacement for a rubber shoe made for standing in water, but if you are running through mud, puddles, streams or a rain storm, the NeoShell™ fabric of the upper provides a weather resistant material to help keep your feet warm and dry, yet still letting them breathe. A sandwiched StoneGuard offers flexible under foot protection, while the MaxTrac™ outsole with TrailClaw™ combine together for optimum uphill and downhill traction. As with all Altra shoes, the fully cushioned Zero Drop™ paltform and FootShape™ toe box give you that natural, comfortable fit throughout the run.
- WEIGHT: 8.7 oz. / 235 g
- Cushioning: Moderate
- STACK HEIGHT: 25 mm
- IDEAL USES: Trail Running, Hiking, Fastpacking, Trail Racing, Cold Weather, Wet Conditions
- DESIGNED TO IMPROVE: Running Form, Toe Splay, Stability, Push-off, Comfort, Traction
- PLATFORM: Natural Foot Positioning: FootShape™ Toe Box with Fully Cushioned Zero Drop™ Platform
- LAST: SD6-M / SD5-W
- MIDSOLE: EVA with A-Bound™ Top Layer
- OUTSOLE: Altra MaxTrac Sticky Rubber with TrailClaw™
- INSOLE: 5 mm Contour Footbed
- UPPER: Abrasion-Resistant Waterproof with Minimal Seams, Polartec®
- OTHER FEATURES: StoneGuard™ Sandwiched Rock Protection, Natural Ride System, GaiterTrap™ Technology
They work great. There is however no shoe on the market that I know of that will keep water and mud out of your shoes if Spartan designs the course.
They are very comfortable.
Lots of cushioning, good grip on the soles, roomy in the toe, and I like how I feel balanced in the shoe.